FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Why would someone get a scalp tattoo?
A: You may benefit from a scalp tattoo if you:
- wish certain areas on your scalp had more hair density/thicker hair;
- miss your old hairline or desire to appear more youthful;
- have surgery or injury scars;
- don't feel comfortable taking off your hat;
- lost your hair from stress;
- lost your hair from male/female pattern baldness; or
- suffer from alopecia or trichtilliomania (hair pulling).
Q: How long will my scalp tattoo last?
A: The pigment deposited in your skin will fade with time. The amount of time is unique to your body chemistry, lifestyle, and skincare. It is estimated that your scalp tattoo/micro-pigmentation will last 3-5 years. Lighter pigment colours will fade faster than dark pigment colours. Oily skin will expel pigment faster than dry skin. Sun exposure increases rate of colour fading.
Q: Do I need to schedule consultation prior to booking my procedure?
A: If you have previous tattoo on the proposed treatment area, or are a consultation is mandatory before booking any procedure appointments; otherwise, consultations are optional for those who are unsure about booking the procedure. During the procedure appointment, your artist works with you to carefully design your scalp tattoo with your approval at every stage in the process.
Q: How old do I need to be to have a scalp tattoo procedure?
A: You must be 19 years of age or older.
Q: Can I go to work the next day?
A: Yes. Your scalp tattoo will appear slightly darker and bolder than the desired outcome during the healing process; however, the appearance is rarely noticeable besides a visible sheen from the thin layer of aftercare product you are required to wear as part of the aftercare instructions. Redness is unexpected in most people for 12-72 hours.
Q: Can I wear a hat or helmet after my tattoo session?
A: Avoid wearing hats/helmets a minimum of 3 days post procedure.
Q: Can I sweat after the procedure?
A: Prevent sweating from the scalp area for a minimum of 3 days post procedure.
Q: Is the procedure painful?
A: Topical anesthetics are applied before and throughout the procedure; however, some people may experience mild to moderate discomfort.
Q: Am I a candidate for scalp tattoo/micro-pigmentation?
A: This service is NOT recommended for any person who is/has:
- Diabetic (consult your doctor.)
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor.)
- Viral infection and/or disease.
- A Pacemaker or major heart problem.
- Had an Organ transplant.
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Pregnant or nursing.
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Used Accutane in the past year.
Q: Is scalp tattoo/micro-pigmentation the same as a body tattoo?
A: No. Although both are forms of tattoo. Our pigmentation artists work with semi-permanent pigment that lasts approximately 3-5 years. It is common to have your scalp tattoo refreshed every 3 years.